NOTE: the below Black Friday deals are published, but may not be available until later this week.
WiFi is a utility as important to a home as water or electricity. But you don’t see the benefit of great WiFi without having great connected devices. At eero, we take our connected devices seriously and are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest. So we polled the team and curated a list of our favorite devices, which all happen to be on sale this Black Friday. And the list doesn’t stop here — if you know of any other great devices on sale, let us know in the comments below.
For the King (or Queen) of the kitchen
- Anova Sous Vide, $99 (usually $149): Whether you’re a pro in the kitchen or just dipping your toe into the culinary world, Sous Vide cooking not only upgrades your recipes, but it’s also incredibly easy. Anova connects to your smartphone and helps you cook the perfect meal with just the touch of a button.
- Amazon Echo, $139.99 (usually $179.99): When your hands are full, or you’re busy in the kitchen, Alexa’s got your back. Ask for help with measurement conversions, changing the music, catching up on the news — she’ll even tell you a Dad joke.
- Roomba 960 Robotic Vacuum, $599.99 (usually $699.99): If the idea of never having to push a vacuum again excites you, this robotic vacuum might become your new favorite device. Although pricey, features like Visual Localization, which enables Roomba to navigate and clean an entire level of your home on its own, are priceless when you’re scrambling to get the house ready for visitors.
For the head of home entertainment
- Roku 3 streaming player, $49.99 (usually $99.99): When it gets colder outside and you’re at home with your loved ones, it’s great to have an easy-to-use streaming device to access all those shows you’ve been saving up to binge watch together over the holidays. The Roku 3 offers more than 2,000 channels and includes access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO GO, and more.
- LIFX LED Bulbs, $44.99 (usually $59.99): Connected light bulbs are not only convenient and easy to use, they’re beautiful too. Get your home holiday party ready with LIFX smart lights, which allow you to control your lighting and tap into 16 million color options to match the mood of any get together. Plus, use the app to set schedules for your lights to turn on and off at certain times of the day.
- Vizio M-Series 4k TV, $709.99 (usually $799.99): It’s a great 4K TV and it’s on sale. That was enough for us! But if you’re still not convinced, this Vizio display supports High Dynamic Range (HDR), which provides the widest range of colors and a fully backlit display. Plus, it includes built-in Google Cast and a tablet to provide access to 4K content from the Vizio SmartCast App, making it Vizio’s best value yet.
For the gadget hungry gamer
- TecTecTec Golf Rangefinder, $149.99 (usually $379.99): Most commonly used for golf, with the distance finder, you’ll no longer have to guess how far away you are from that hazard or green. Improve your game, and bring your score down, with better shot selection.
- Sony PlayStation 4, $249 (usually $299): As one of software engineers put it, “the PS4 is pretty freaking boss.” Pair it with Playstation Vue, which now works on Apple TV as well, to get the full experience. This set includes a matching DualShock wireless controller and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End so you can start gaming right out of the box.
- HTC Vive virtual reality headset, $799.99: If you’re thinking about embarking into the world of virtual reality, this is the gadget for you. Designed from the ground up for immersive, room-scale virtual reality, Vive’s game-changing technology and content lets you experience brand new worlds. And it’s got content for everyone, from games and education to medical and design.
For the work from home warrior
- Epson Expression Premium XP-830 $129.99 (usually $264): Everyone can agree — setting up and operating most printers isn’t just mildly annoying, it’s downright frustrating. This Epson is perfect for the home office: it’s speedy, spitting out 10 text pages per minute; it has a touch-screen display and a document feeder for copying and scanning; and it allows you to send paperless faxes from your computer.
- Awair, $199: Awair monitors CO2, dust, humidity, and other actors to assess how the air quality of your home — or home office — affects your performance. Plus, the app suggests ways to improve your space to achieve different air quality goals, and Awair connects with other smart products — like Nest and Amazon Echo — to automatically keep your air clean and healthy.
- Bose QC35 headphones, $324 (usually $349): Noise-canceling headphones are perfect for working, traveling, gaming, and more. And these Bose headphones connect via Bluetooth so you can go completely wireless. Don’t miss the opportunity to get these at $50 off!